About Harmelin Media:
Harmelin Media is a full-service media planning and buying agency located in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Over the past thirty-seven years, we have grown into one of the largest independent media agencies with over $800 million in annual billings.
Our growth has been driven by our commitment to our clients, our employees and our community. We pride ourselves on customizing strategy to each client and evolving roles to fit each employee’s strengths. The proof is in the unparalleled tenure of both our clients and our staff.
If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities to forge a strategic vision, innovate through technology or nurture a client relationship in the advertising industry, Harmelin is interested in learning more about you!
Harmelin Media, headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, has a position available in California as Senior Media Account Director – primarily focusing on the Blue Diamond Growers account. The Senior Media Account Director will play a critical role in ensuring a successful client relationship by ensuring the smooth operation of day-to-day account activities. In this role, you will be directly interfacing with both the Blue Diamond marketing team (located in Sacramento, CA) and the Harmelin BDG account team (located in Philadelphia).
The role will involve addressing daily account service needs, participating in client meetings, coordinating strategic media plans and optimizing recommendations with the account team, developing brand media recommendations and reviewing sales, research and MMM data. Primary focus will be on the Blue Diamond Growers account, however, there potentially could be involvement in El Pollo Loco, working with the EPL Account Director in southern CA.
BDG Senior Account Director Responsibilities:
This role will be fast-paced and will incorporate the following areas:
- Relationship Building & Nurturing – You will serve as primary client contact and as the “face of Harmelin” for Blue Diamond. You will proactively maintain client relationships, anticipate needs, and be reactive and responsive. You will become the conduit between Blue Diamond and the Harmelin team; having a good working relationship on both ends is a must. You will be working with agency colleagues to devise media plans and buys that meet the client’s marketing goals and budget. You will be establishing relationships with the most senior and junior staff at Blue Diamond – from Global CMOs to Assistant Brand Managers.
- Strategic Media Planning – You will be part of a team that provides integrated planning across both digital and offline disciplines. The position requires the research, development and presentation of strategic plans. You will work closely with both traditional and digital buyers to help plan, execute and report on national, regional and local campaigns. You will utilize and interpret in-house, online and client data to inform overall media strategy, including but not limited to deep target audience analysis, budget recommendations, media channel optimizations, and media flighting and weighting.
- Communication – The work is fast-paced, and you will be responsible for communicating details of campaigns. You will be presenting strategic media plans, buys, digital reports, TV posts and other reports to clients for approval or modification, monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns, undertaking administrative tasks as well as arranging and attending meetings. Ensuring that communication flows effectively between all stakeholders is a must. Additionally, you will update weekly status reports and contribute to managing the overall client conversation and strategy.
- Note: As Harmelin expands on the west coast, you will have an opportunity to establish our company’s presence in the west and increase our opportunity for company growth. This Senior Media Account Director role requires a candidate who is outgoing and social, who can adapt to new situations and succeed with minimal direct support and supervision.
- Maintain contact with management at Philadelphia headquarters, including a minimum of four in-person visits to Philadelphia annually
- This position will be “work from home” but presence is required approximately 3x per month meetings at Blue Diamond or west coast-based partner agencies
- Engage with West Coast-based ad clubs and federations
- Prospect new clients with support and direction from Harmelin’s New Business Team
- Future responsibilities may require some office management and management of local staff as necessary
You should have a strong commitment to client satisfaction with the following qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in a client service/account management and media planning role in a media or advertising agency; experience managing multiple client contacts and stakeholders is a must
- Must be a digitally-forward media thinker
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Excellent numerical aptitude to manage budgets, invoicing, tracking and cash flow
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and have a positive, proactive attitude
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective prioritization skills, excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (esp. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to spend one or two weeks in Philadelphia in the beginning of your employment for training and be able to travel to Philadelphia for three to five days approximately four times per year.
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Healthcare coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
Harmelin Media is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.