The Primary Research Strategist will support our account services, media planning and new business teams with both quantitative and qualitative research information.
The Primary Research Strategist should be curious and knowledgeable about evolving consumer behaviors and select category marketing trends, with the ability to work independently, summarizing information for internal and external stakeholders in an easily understood manner. Attention to detail is important as well as having a resourceful approach to problem solving. This individual will primarily be responsible for developing and executing primary research surveys of all types in response to client requests/needs, and in support of new business prospecting.
This research team member will report to the VP, Director of Research and Consumer Insights, and will work alongside the Associate Research Director, the team’s Research Strategist, as well as assisting the agency’s New Business Director with client prospecting outreach efforts.
Title and salary for position to be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Quantitative Research:
- Designing and evaluating quantitative surveys created internally and externally
- Utilizing findings from qualitative sessions to develop quantitative surveys
- Using statistical software tools to analyze quantitative surveys using a variety of statistical methods
- Qualitative Research:
- Writing discussion guides and conducting qualitative research including in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Analyzing and reporting qualitative research findings from in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Collecting and analyzing primary and secondary data to highlight industry trends, consumer demographics, preferences, etc.
- Preparing reports of findings, illustrate data graphically, and translate complex findings into written text and presentations
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs
Keys to Success:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in consumer marketing research, with survey experience spanning a range of business categories
- Thorough understanding of advertising/marketing research best practices
- Ability to design and execute research methodologies as well as analyze data from qualitative research, quantitative surveys and secondary databases
- Experience with multiple full-service and/or DIY research platforms and providers (e.g. Qualtrics, Pollfish, Dynata, MARU, Toluna and/or Upwave)
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to perform effectively while working within tight time constraints
- Express ideas and thoughts well, both written and verbally
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office Software Suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e. pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
Harmelin Media is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com.