The Strategic Media Planner/Account Manager position will have a dual role in integrated strategic media planning and account management. You will be part of a team interfacing with multiple clients daily. Client interaction includes presentations, meetings, video calls, and emails. This will also include work with partner agencies (i.e. creative agencies) and media vendors.
We are looking for detail-oriented candidates who can multi-task and work in a deadline-oriented environment while developing strategic, integrated media plans. The applicant will be encouraged and supported to pursue growth opportunities in terms of both account management, strategic planning, research & media analytics. The position would entail providing strategic plans and leading certain accounts. Final definition of the role will be determined by the individual’s experience and skill level.
- Research, develop and present sophisticated multi-media plans including the following channels: Broadcast, Print, Out-of-Home, Lifestyle Media. Digital Media planning (Programmatic, SEM, Social and Display) experience a plus.
- Maintain client relationships, anticipate needs and work with partner agencies. You will also collaborate internally with strategic planning and buying activation teams as well as business intelligence, research, and accounting departments.
- Evaluate media packages and provide POVs.
- Responsible for communicating details of all campaigns and presenting media plans to clients for approval or modification, writing client reports, monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Assist in forecasting and managing client budgets, and work with the accounting team to issue invoices, ensuring timely payment to vendors.
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs
Keys to Success:
You should have a background in strategic media planning and/or buying and a commitment to client satisfaction with the following areas of expertise:
- Minimum of 4 years’ media experience in media planning and account management
- Must have planning experience for all forms of media, with strength in broadcast planning and converged media (OLV, OLR) preferred
- Experience managing multiple client contacts and stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate client business performance and quickly pivot to optimize media schedules to drive improvements in demand generation
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and build agency and vendor relationships
- Excellent numerical aptitude to manage budgets, invoicing, tracking and cash flow
- Key attributes include the ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective prioritization skills and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in SBMS/Strata View is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as required by clients
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
Harmelin Media is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com.